Sugar cravings are extremely common. They are one of the prime reasons why we end up giving up on our diet. It is difficult to control this urge and stick to your diet and we totally understand this. Here are a few ways in which you could fight your sugar cravings and prevent yourself from binge-eating sugar.
1. Fruits: When most people have a sugar craving, they opt for high-sugar foods like chocolates. Fruits may seem a boring option. But believe us, they really help curb the craving. To hit the spot, try having fruits that are a little high in sugar like mangoes or grapes.
2. Berries: Berries are an excellent, healthy way of beating those sugar cravings. They are sweet, but their high fibre content mean they are low in sugar. This is makes them a great choice if you think your sugar cravings are linked to a habit, rather than hunger.
3. Dark Chocolate: Dark chocolate contains 70% more cocoa than the regular chocolate. It does have sugar, but it is comparatively less than a regular chocolate. It is best to have a few squares to satisfy that craving.
4. Snack Bars: Not all snack bars are healthy. Try having a snack bar that is made with whole oats and sweetened with fresh or dried fruits rather than table sugar. They are likely to be high in fibre and contain beneficial nutrients.
5. Chia Seeds: Chia seeds are rich in plant compounds as well as fibre. The fibre in chia seeds helps you keep fuller for a longer time and also prevents sugar cravings. You could also make desserts like chia puddings that help satisfy your craving.
All of these are healthy ways of eating sugar rather than filling yourself up with desserts that are full of sugar. You can buy snack bars online and fresh fruits online on the Spencer’s website.
Everyone has a Story, We are interested to know yours..!!