Happiness is a bowl of rice. But if that bowl has brown rice, it is equivalent to health too! Brown rice is considered to be one the healthiest food items. This variety of rice owes its colour and goodness to the way it is processed. As only the outermost layer, the hull, is removed. This process ensures that all the nutrients remain intact.
So here are some amazing reasons to include the colour brown to your plate.
1. Rich in Selenium: The selenium content of brown rice helps reduce the risk of developing illnesses such as cancer, heart disease and arthritis.
2. High in Manganese: One cup of brown rice provides about 80% of our daily manganese requirements. Manganese helps in the synthesis of fats and is also beneficial for our nervous and reproductive systems.
3. Rich in Naturally-Occurring Oils: Eating brown rice helps normalise cholesterol levels, all thanks to the naturally occurring oils in the grain.
4. Fibre-rich: The high fibre content of brown rice strengthens our digestive system and prevents diseases like gallstones, and colon cancer. It also helps you reduce your meal portions by making you feel full, and hence aids weight loss.
5. Goodness of Whole Grain: Brown rice is proven to reduce the build up of arterial plaque and reduce the risk of heart disease and high cholesterol.
6. Rich in Antioxidants: Brown rice is not far behind super foods like blueberries, strawberries etc. in terms of antioxidants. So a switch to brown rice diet can help you slow down ageing and fight illnesses.
7. A Slow-Release Sugar: Brown rice is the best choice for people suffering from diabetes as it helps regulate blood sugar levels.
8. Good Source of Phosphorous: Phosphorous is essential to ensure that our cells effectively communicate with each other, and hence prevent degenerative diseases of tissues and organs.
Everyone has a Story, We are interested to know yours..!!