Olive oil is sought-after the world over because of its many health benefits. Do you know that apart from being a culinary essential, especially in Mediterranean cooking, it also has many health and beauty benefits?
We use olive oil for cooking because of its flavour, which varies based on the climate and soil of the place where the olives come from. This golden oil is classified based on the level of fruity, bitter, and peppery flavours it contains. If you are wondering which olive oil is good for cooking, it would be difficult to pin down as each type brings with it, its own taste and health benefits. The most expensive would be Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Its acidity rate is very low, at one percent, and it is obtained by cold pressing olives.
Let us take a look at some of the many olive oil benefits.
- It lowers cholesterol and reduces heart problems.
- It could also help in weight reduction as it contains mono-unsaturated fats.
- Its vitamin E content is good for bones and may benefit older people and children too.
- It could help prevent gallstones and improve digestion.
- It may help with diseases like type 2 diabetes, stroke, osteoporosis, depression, cancer and Alzheimer’s disease.
It’s not just health benefits; benefits of olive oil for skin are huge.
- The oil is a rich source of vitamins, antioxidants, and contains anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial properties.
- It can slow down the ageing of the skin, and hydrate and moisturise skin.
- You can reap the benefits of olive oil for face by massaging your face with extra virgin olive oil for smooth, supple skin. However, take care as it may not be suitable for the oily skin type or for skin conditions that need medical attention.
Go on and let olive oil benefit both, your health and skin!
Everyone has a Story, We are interested to know yours..!!